Thursday, May 8, 2008

Why?

Because I take a decent picture and I can get better.

And I don't mean I'm a decent photographer like everyone thinks they are a better than average driver or 80% of people say they have a good sense of humor. I have a little bit of skill with a camera (but just enough to know that I'm really not very good at all).

Suprisingly enough, thinking about photography and reading about photography wasn't making me substantially better. And the reason I wasn't taking photographs was that I wasn't carrying my camera around with me. So now I do and now I use it. So here are the self-imposed rules (subject to self-interpretation):

1) Take at least one picture every day. More is fine, but at least one.
2) Use only point-and-shoot cameras or a cameraphone. I can only upgrade my gear after I upgrade my game.
3) Upload all photos to the
Bostonaday Flickr photostream.
4) At least once a week update this blog with the best picture from each day. Include a little description.

That's it.

I've already taken three days worth of pictures and hopefully will come up with something inspiring for day four.


No comments: