Sunday, August 16, 2009

Bounce Flash


DSC_0360, originally uploaded by bostonaday.

Another experiment, but this time with a bounce flash. I wanted to see if I could take a single flash photo of our bathroom without getting the spectral (sparkly) elements overexposed and distracting. Our bathroom is nothing but shiny surfaces (glass tile, stainless steel, lacquered cabinets, granite, etc.), so it was going to be a challenge.

And the flash had to be on camera because there wasn't room in the corner for me, the camera, and a flash stand. So I turned the flash 180 degrees and bounced it off the wall(s) and ceiling.

I love how smooth the light is on the granite and on the cabinet (the one reflected in the mirror). And while some of the tiles reflected the light, it's fairly smooth and even.

Lights were off with no ambient light, one SB600 on full power. Added about 2/3rds EV converting from RAW.

1 comment:

edj3 said...

I know, it's just me commenting again. But I am still amazed you had no lights on, that the lighting came only from the flash.