Sunday, June 8, 2008

Kids in a Fountain - 060708


Kids in a Fountain - 060708, originally uploaded by bostonaday.

It was really freakin hot yesterday. And humid. And if I haven't mentioned the heat yet, it was hot. Tomorrow's picture may be of my new air conditioner, but today's picture is some kids beating the heat in the Christian Science Church Park.

This wasn't the picture that I planned to take. I've noticed in the evenings that as it gets darker the fountain almost looks like it's lit (it's not, but compared to the surroundings it's quite bright). I thought it would be neat to "backlight" some of the kids playing near the fountain. It was too light out for that shot and they turn the fountain off before it gets dark. I'll either have to wait for an overcast day or until the days get shorter, but I'm proud of myself for recognizing that given the lighting conditions the better shot was to move around the pool and use the trees as background.

No comments: